Easy Like a Friday Morning


From a very nice lady's Kitchen in the Rockies to my humble abode in Cairo - I give you Cinnamon Bun Bread on a Friday morning, for breakfast - Oh Yes!

Dough:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp active dry yeast
2/3 cup warm milk (blast in microwave for 20 seconds)
3 tbs oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
Salt ( I used 1/4 tsp)

Filling:
3 tbs butter at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of ground cardamom (I didn't have any)

For the icing, mix:
1 cup icing sugar
1-2 tbs milk

  • Lightly grease a square 8x8 pan (I overdid this and got a bit of an oily base - plus I only had a round pan)
  • Combine flour, sugar, salt in a bowl
  • Dissolve yeast in the warm milk in a jug
  • Stir milk mixture, oil, vanilla and egg into flour mixture
  • Mix until very smooth
  • Pour into pan and let it rest for 15 minutes
  • Mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until all the butter is incorporated into the sugar and is crumbly (Did this with my hands)
  • Sprinkle evenly over the dough and press the mixture down 
  • Place into a cold oven - then set to 350 F (I used 180 C)
  • Bake 30 minutes - is done when centre springy to touch and edges are browned
  • Cool for at least 30 mins before drizzling the icing onto the bread
  • Serve warm with a big smile :)







1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nance, I am so glad you liked it. It looks very tasty!! Greetings for the Rockies. Kirsten

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews